Canon printer showing offline is most common issue with Canon Printers. It is quite frustrating when your Canon printer is showing offline message. Suppose you’re working on a vital school project and want to print soft copy documents. And suddenly, what happens? Your printer starts showing an offline message.
Now, you must be wondering why is my Canon printer showing offline? There is no specific reason for this. But sometimes the problem arises due to the network failure. In this case, we’ll recommend you check if the power cable of the printer is plugged properly into the electrical outlet.
You can also check out our troubleshooting guide to resolve your printer showing offline error.
The reason behind the Canon printer showing offline error
I know you must be wondering why is my canon printer showing offline message.
Here, we’ll outline some reasons behind the Canon printer showing an offline message.
- Due to a network connection error
- Use printer offline feature is enabled
- Issues with the USB cable
- Printer spooler error
- Unsuitable paper feeding
Solutions to resolve fix canon printer showing offline error
In this section, we’ll cover some solutions to resolve your Canon printer showing offline error.
1.Restarting printer spooler service
If you’re facing your printer showing an offline message, restarting the printer spooler service will be helpful.
Want to learn how to restart the printer spooler service? Have a look at the steps for doing so.
1 Find services from the start menu and click on it.
You can use the search box from the Start menu to find services.
2. Right-click on the print spooler and select restart.
You can click on the start button if the restart button gets greyed out.
3. Again right-click on the print spooler and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
4. Set the startup type to automatic and click on the Save button to save settings.
5. Restart your Pc and check whether your printer is working or not.
2.Reinstalling your canon printer software
If none of the above steps does work, you can reinstall your Canon printer software.
Please have a look at the steps for reinstalling your canon printer software.
1. Press Windows key+R buttons to open the run dialogue box.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the box and click on the ok button.
3. Right-click on the canon printer driver under printer queues and choose uninstall device.
4 Now, you have to download and install the latest driver from Canon official website.
After reinstalling your canon printer software, I’m sure you will not face printer showing offline error again.
3.Disabling use printer offline feature
Disabling the use printer offline feature is another best method to fix canon printer showing an offline message.
Now the question is how to disable the use printer online feature on your canon printer.
Here are the steps you can follow to disable the use printer offline feature in your canon printer.
1. Find the control panel from the Start menu and open it.
2. Click on the hardware and sound and select devices and printers.
3. Right-click on your Canon printer and select the see what’s printing.
4. Click on printer and check whether use printer offline feature is off or not.
5 Again, click on the printer and select cancel all documents from the drop-down menu.
After performing all the steps, check whether your canon printer is working or not.
We hope the information outlined in the article will help you know why is my Canon printer showing offline error. However, there is no need to feel panic if you encounter the issue. It is a common problem every canon printer user face. Just follow these troubleshooting steps, and your issue gets resolved. To install Canon Printer drivers you may visit www.canon.com/ijsetup official website.